Not to beat a dead horse, but apparently some of you are still uncomfortable taking diet advice from someone such as me. That’s OK. But where will you turn? Do you think the answers are buried in the pages of glossy magazines like Ladies Home Journal and Good Housekeeping? Let’s flip through a typical issue.
P.8: What Red Bull doesn’t want you to know about boosting your energy: Sleep More, Work Less!
P. 15: The REAL Al Roker: Weatherman or Double Agent?
P. 31: Science Review: Can you really dig a hole to China?
P. 52: Veterinary Anthropologists Agree: Cats Rule, Dogs Drool
P. 112: Knock, Knock: Do we ever really know who’s there?
P. 156: 5 Diet Tips to Take You from Fat to Fabulous
Oh goody! That’s the one we want. Flipping to page 156…exactly 5 tips:
- Ditch those hair extensions! Thick hair is weighing you down—thinner hair, thinner you!
- Easy does it…one foot on the scale, one foot on the floor
- It works for the celebrities why not you? Pull out a rib or two!
- Switch from glasses to contact lenses-every ounce counts!
- Fat sucks: new home liposuction kit
Happy now? Those the brilliant ideas you’ve been hoping to discover? Hmmph. Time to walk away from that magazine my friend; they don’t care about you, because right there on page 182…
Quick and Easy Candy Kabobs!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Eating Time: 5 minutes
1 bag large marshmallows
1 bag peanut butter cups
1 bag Oreo minis
1 box truffles
1 bottle chocolate syrup
Alternate ingredients on long skewers. Dip in chocolate syrup. Eat and repeat.